Posted by Isla_McKetta
Think you’re up on the latest developments in local SEO?
One year ago we asked you to test your local SEO knowledge with the Local Search Expert Quiz. Because the SERPs are changing so fast and (according to our latest
Industry Survey) over 42% of online marketers report spending more time on local search in the past 12 months, we’ve created an updated version.
Written by local search expert Miriam Ellis, the quiz contains 40 questions designed to test both your general local SEO knowledge and your industry awareness. Bonus? The quiz takes less than 10 minutes to complete.
Ready to get started? When you are finished, we’ll automatically score your quiz.
Rating your score
Although the Local Search Expert Quiz is
just for fun, we’ve established the following guidelines for bragging rights:
- 0–14 Newbie: Time to study up on your citation data!
- 15–23 Beginner: Good job, but you’re not quite in the 3-pack yet.
- 24–29 Intermediate: You’re getting close to the centroid!
- 30–34 Pro: Let’s tackle multi-location!
- 35–40 Guru: We all bow down to your local awesomeness.
Resources to improve your performance
Didn’t get the score you hoped for? Brush up on your local SEO knowledge with this collection of free learning resources:
- The Moz Local Learning Center
- Glossary of Local Search Terms and Definitions
- Guidelines for Representing Your Business on Google
- Local Search Ranking Factors
- Blumenthal’s Blog
- Local SEO Guide
- Whitespark Blog
You can also learn the latest local search tips and tricks by signing up for the MozCon Local one-day conference, subscribing to the Moz Local Top 7 newsletter, or reading
local SEO posts on the Moz Blog.
Don’t forget to brag about your local search expertise in the comments below!
Sign up for The Moz Top 10, a semimonthly mailer updating you on the top ten hottest pieces of SEO news, tips, and rad links uncovered by the Moz team. Think of it as your exclusive digest of stuff you don’t have time to hunt down but want to read!